The Postpartum Health Alliance offers the following services:
- Knowledgeable volunteers return messages left on our warmline (619-254-0023), offering support to mothers and families dealing with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs). We are also happy to receive calls from professionals needing information or resources for their clients.
- Volunteers provide referrals to professionals with experience and training in treating perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (see Directory).
- Members receive an email newsletter with the latest information about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Please visit our Membership page for more information.
- PHA has informational brochures and posters and is happy to supply an introductory package of these materials upon request. Email us at
or call 619-254-0023 for more information. To receive a regular and high volume of brochures, your group must be an organizational member of PHA.
- Callers to our warmline can speak with a trained volunteer who will offer encouragement and understanding.
- Callers can request to speak with a volunteer who has "been there" -- a mom who has recovered from postpartum depression or other disorders.
- Warmine callers are also provided with referrals to local support groups and health care professionals trained to treat perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
- A list of local Postpartum Depression Support Groups can be found on our website. Click here to view the list.
- Warmline volunteers can provide referrals to community resources such as lactation services, parenting classes, and playgroups.
Education & Training
- PHA is happy to provide consultation services for professionals and organizations that want to enhance perinatal services.
- Several times a year, PHA holds luncheons, workshops, and conferences in order to provide professionals with the most useful and up-to-date information on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. See our Upcoming Events page for more information.
- PHA holds a monthly PMADs study group. See our Upcoming Events page for more information.
- Our Speaker's Bureau is available for speaking engagements.
- Brochures and posters are available for display. Contact us for an introductory informational package. For a regular and high volume number of brochures, your group must be an organizational member of PHA.
- Contact our Education Coordinator, Dr. Katie Hirst, at 619-254-0023 or
for more information about educational services.
PHA is a nonprofit organization staffed entirely by volunteers. We appreciate any and all donations. We encourage health professionals and health organizations to become a member and a volunteer. We can't do this work without your help.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 December 2010 20:44