Get Help Now
Postpartum can affect dads too. Find out about common concerns for new dads and discover helpful tips on how they can become more involved and stay healthy.
PHA supports families... do you? You can help us support new moms, dads, and babies by becoming a PHA Supporter or Donor today. Click here to find out how.
We can help moms who are struggling with postpartum emotional disorders
Depression and Anxiety are the most common complications of childbirth. They can happen in pregnancy, too.
You are not alone! Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs), which include Postpartum Depression, affect 1 in 7 pregnant and new mothers.
Whether you are a mom who is struggling, a concerned friend or relative, or a health professional, we at Postpartum Health Alliance can offer you support and referrals to resources that can help.
If you are struggling or have questions, please call our warmline at 619-254-0023. Our trained volunteers can provide you with support and referrals.
September Educational Luncheon with Mariela Shibley, PsyD
Culture is embedded in every aspect of one's life, shaping the way we view ourselves and how we relate with others. This presentation will briefly define culture and how cultural differences - particularly language differences - impact our work with those struggling with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs).
1. Participants will be able to identify the differences between cultural relativism and cultural universality.
2. Participants will be able to identify the relationship between language and emotions, and how language can be both a barrier and a defense.
3. Participants will be able to recognize and apply interactive communication processes that facilitate the development of a strong therapeutic alliance in the presence of language and cultural differences.
September 26, 2014 from 12:00 pm -1:30 pm
Elijah's Restaurant, 8861 Villa La Jolla Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
PPD Study Group
- Receive updated training on postpartum depression and related disorders
- Share information and resources with colleagues
- Participate in case consultation
- Discuss the latest books on postpartum depression and related disorders
Facilitator: Mary L. Obata, M.A., MFT
Attendance: Once a month on the fourth Friday of the month
Location: 5100 Marlborough Drive, Suite 208, San Diego, CA 92116
RSVP to: 619-220-4680
Postpartum Health Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about perinatal mood and anxiety symptoms and disorders and providing support and treatment referrals to women and their families.
Postpartum Health Alliance has been operating in San Diego since 1998. San Diego PHA was founded by Dr. Leslie W. Craig, Dr. Kelly Boyd-Bragadeste, Dr. Martha Diamond, Dr. Janet Jaffee, Dr. Adele Josepho, and Dr. Robert Hickman.